Work Day: April 20, 2024
Welcome friends & supporters of Camp Fern Legacy to the 2nd Fern Work Day! Re-connect with old friends & help prepare the campgrounds for Summer 2024!
Already Registered? Sign your waiver below for easier check in!
Required WAIVER Form
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in activities with Camp Fern Legacy, Inc. (the “activity”), I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Camp Fern Legacy, Inc., its officers, servants, agents and employees and/or Lake Fern Hunting and Fishing Club, Inc. and its officers, servants, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in any activity of Camp Fern Legacy, Inc., or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the activity.
- I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in the activity, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in the activity, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the activity, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in the activity, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
- I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in the activity.
- It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees. In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that:
- A. I have read the foregoing release, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed;
- B. No oral representation, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made;
- C. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and
- D. I execute this Release for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
- The Parties agree that all disputes arising under this Agreement or related to my activities in connection with Camp Fern Legacy, Inc. shall be brought exclusively in the Judicial District Court of Harrison County, Texas.
Workday is reserved for those 18 years old & up.
Parking: Please carpool when possible! Parking will be available on the softball field. Reserved parking for those with limited mobility or heath concerns will be in front of Family Tree.
Gates will open for coffee & light breakfast at 8:30AM at the Council Ring.
There will be designated leaders for multiple jobs around camp. We have everything from painting, small construction projects, and preparing cabins & activities for campers. As with everything Camp Fern Legacy so far, this will be a true team effort, and we are thrilled that you will be joining us!
Lunch will be provided around 12:30 PM and jobs will resume in the afternoon with the goal to wrap up by 4PM.
Unfortunately, lodging cannot be provided on Fern campgrounds for this work weekend. We have put together a small list below of options that may be helpful.
Historic Excelsior House Hotel, Jefferson, Texas
To Book: Call 903-665-2513 or book online at The Excelsior House.
Rooms book quickly this time of year so reserve today. Room options: 7 King Rooms, 4 Rooms with 2 Full Beds, 4 rooms with 1 Full Bed; Price Range $180-$220/night.
Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Marshall, Texas
AirBnB Options in Surrounding Area